During the hours of darkness, navigation lights at the end of the North Pier denote the following:
- GREEN Light ……..Depth of water less than 9 feet in harbour entrance RED Light ……..Depth of water more than 9 feet in harbour entrance
- In the hours of daylight, a red flag flying near the end of the South Pier denotes that here is more than 9 feet of water in the harbour entrance.
- Call harbour on VHF channel 16 Working channel 12 Mobile 07860 275150
- On entering and leaving the harbour, vessels must keep to starboard in the harbour entrance.
- On entry, the watchkeeper will advise visiting craft where to berth and where a “visitor registration form” must be completed.
- Jetski’s (personal watercraft) are not permitted within the harbour.
- Pilotage if required is provided by the Harbour Master or his Deputy.